Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Mission—Trying and Terrific

The following is a portion of a letter Taylor sent to Sydney today

She sent it to me to put on the blog.



"The best things definitely outweigh the bad things. It has strengthened my testimony in ways that I could not have even imagined…Like seriously Sydney, I am closer to our Savior than I have ever been in my entire life. A mission truly changes you. It changes you for only good. It prepares you for your future life and future family. A mission gives you life skills you can get nowhere else. You get so many friends and you witness miracles. I can say that because the gift of tongues is seriously a miracle. A mission humbles you. Learning the language REALLY humbles you! Ha ha! I get so frustrated and Syd…I'm only in the third week. This in an amazing thing. However, it is THE hardest thing. It stretches everyone who walks in the doors of the MTC and I can promise it will be the case in the mission field even more so. But, you cannot grow without being stretched. This is a "Growing Zone, not a Comfort Zone" It IS Hard. You literally sacrifice everything you have and give all your time, love and efforts to the Lord. But I can testify Sydney, IT IS WORTH IT. I KNOW this is what I am to do. And yes, I know I've said that so any times but it is true. I love it and I cannot wait until you experience it."




No comments:

Post a Comment