Saturday, April 4, 2015

A letter to DAD

Dear Dad,

I know that God has His hand in all things and that it will all come together  for you whatever it may be. I have come to realize that as I have had to leave Sydney behind. There are days where I wonder if this is what I am to do. Whenever those days come I instantly fall on my knees and ask for comfort. Every time I do so I feel an overwhelming feeling of peace. When that happens I receive an answer saying that exact thing I told you. " I am here. I will always be here.  I have a plan for you. your future is bright and you need not worry or be afraid. " Even me writing that down was an answer yet again to my prayers.

So, I started writing this letter yesterday but I never finished it! Ha ha!  So now it is April 1st and  I'm just about to go to bed. It's been a really, really good day today! Our lessons with our investigators went so well. Dad, seriously my Spanish is coming along sooo well! Just in the past week it has sky rocketed so high! The Hermanas in my district keep telling me how fast I am learning the language. It is truly a blessing and I can feel each one of your prayers back home. Today we taught an investigator and I asked him to get baptized and he said yes!!! That was the first time I've asked someone and my heart was pounding so hard. It wasn't even part of our plan, the Spirit just told me in the middle of the lesson that this lesson was the time he would say yes. We are still not sure if he is a member or not. They don't tell us until we leave the MTC but his name is _____.  (I really hope he is a real investigator)  Anyway, I always love your letters, Dad and you are an amazing father and I love you so much! I'll write you on Tuesday!

Love Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment