Monday, April 27, 2015

I am in Argentina! Surprise—Surprise!!!

Hello everybody!!! 

Como le va?? 

I´m in Argentina!! Haha Surprise surprise! ;) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing great! My President is awesome and so is my Companion! My Area is called Catamarca. Ha ha! At least I think that's how you spell it. Anyway, it's one of the more sketchier areas of Argentina!….. but truthfully…. I love it!  Even though the area is very poor my apartment is actually great. The people are pretty poor in our area, but they are so so nice, even when they don't want to hear what we have to say. (Which is very few;) Ha ha! ) It is hot here and very humid.  I LOVE it here! 

As far as what I need? I think that I am OK. I do not need anything in particular. Well, maybe a cook book actually. :)


Anyway, My companion´s name is Elder Rivera, He is from Peru and he knows just about the same amount of English as I do Spanish ….sooo.... not much!  Ha ha! It can get pretty interesting. However, I love em!! He is super, super funny. When he speaks English it's actually pretty darn good....and super funny! But yeah, he´s my ´Papa and I´m his ´Hijo´in the mission. It's super cool. 

Also, We got three baptismal dates this week already. I don't think it will be like that all the time but ….wow!....I mean wow! It has been amazing. There has been a lot of ups and a lot of downs this week and that will never change. But, it's amazing. I am learning so, so much from being here and I´m so glad I made this desicion to serve :) 

I am kind of in the middle of learning Spanish and forgetting English so....I don't know how to speak basically. Or spell...or anything…. Ha ha!  Oh well! ;) 

Another thing is that I got to go to the temple the first day I got here!!! It is Sooooo beautiful and I am so lucky. There are some missionaries who have been here for a long time and still haven't gotten to see it. 

One other thing, the people here in Argentina are so funny about the way I look. They act like they´ve never seen it before. Not to be prideful or anything but, they think I´m the most beautiful thing ever;) 

Also, there are alot of ´Snakes¨´ Here in Catemarca. The first time an Elder told me that I thought he was being serious!! haha and I aked him if they were poison and could kill me. He just laughed and didn't say anything, Through time I realized that ´Snakes´are the girls here who 'like'  the missionaries 'a lot'   Ha ha! . Anyway, my companion one day told me, "Don't answer them" (meaning the snakes) and I said,  "Why?" ....He said in his broken English, "Because lot of girls want you to be their girlfriend." Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  It made me laugh so stinking hard. Anyway, when the "snakes" say anything to us now we just say "Hola" and ignore the rest and keep on walkin'. 

On a better note, a lady came into the chappel yesterday after sacrament. Her name is Ana Maria. Anyway, she flat out came up to us and said she wanted to be baptized. She had never talked to the missionaries before then. So, we have a lot to teach her but, she wants to do it! It was seriously a miracle. So, me and Elder Rivera call her Hermana Miracle ;) Anyway, I love you all so, so very much and I miss you everyday. I pray for you everyday. And I can promise you this, The Savior is with you every second of the day. 

You must have trial and affliction before you can press forward. This is how we grow, learn, and gain eternal life. I was reading in Preach My Gospel  this morning and read this, "The home is the best place to teach, learn, and apply principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ. A home established on Gospel principles will be a place of refuge and safety. It will be a place where the Spirit of the Lord can abide, blessing family members with peace, joy, and happiness." This is solid doctrine. The gospel of Jesus Christ has, and will continue to bless me and my family. I am so blessed to have been rasied in such an amazing family. I am so grateful that I know how to raise my family. I am so grateful to have this Gospel so I can use it in my future family. Because I will use this. It is what Christ has given to each one of us to lift us up and quite simpily just make our lives as close to perfect as we as human beings can get. I love you guys so much. You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I´ll write you all next week! 

Love Elder Welch :) 



MTC Buddies

The MTC district. I think that is their Spanish teacher in the middle. 



MTC —last photographs

Elder Jugo and Elder Rivera at the Cordoba Temple Open House!

On the bus ride to my new area. 



My new district





I have no idea what this photo is about He gave no explanation. Who knows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment